- Bad Advice Musicians Hear, Part 6: It’s All Just About Who You Know
- Why Cassettes Rule if You’re in a Band
- Bad Advice Musicians Hear, Part 5: Does “Getting Signed” Change Everything?
- You Don’t Have Any Money; You’re Gonna Make This Meatless Chili
- Ringo Theory: On the Challenges of Giving Credit Where Credit’s Due
Tag Archives: getting signed
After you’ve spent about 30 to 45 seconds involved in making and distributing music, you start to recognize something important: The music “business” (whatever that means) is not a pure meritocracy. There is no consistent correlation between quality and popularity … Continue reading
It’s a slow Thursday night at your neighborhood rock club, and you’ve just stepped offstage after an admittedly killer set by your Promising Local Band. You’re trying to suss whether that’s just your ego talking or if you’ve actually managed … Continue reading